Have you heard about the good news yet? We recently released the Emercury webhooks feature.
With this feature you will now be able to create almost any sort of business automation that you can imagine, and it can all be triggered by actions inside your email marketing.
To get you started off with this feature and build that excitement, we are going to be releasing quite a few real world examples of what's possible. With that out of the way, let's look at just such an example.
(Overview) Automatically Send New Sales-Ready Leads to a Google Sheet
There will be 2 components you require in order to build out this recipe
1) An Emercury automation that performs an action when certain criteria are met
This action will in turn send information to an external webhook
2) A tool with an incoming webhook that can process this information for you. In this example we are going to use Integromat, as it's free and super-easy to use.
First off, let's look at the automation
What's going on here?
a person receives an email that we've named "pre-sales".
For the sake of this example let's say it's an email that asks them if they're interested in doing business with you, and it has them click on a link to a page on your site with more information.
If they click on the link, the automation tags them with the "sales-lead" tag.
Obviously this automation is just an example. Yours would look different based on what you need. Your automation trigger might be different, for example it might be based on a field value, when they enter a certain email list, or any of the options we provide you with. Instead of tagging the person, you might utilize a custom-field value to update their status.
Then, we prepare the system that will receive the good news of a new sales-lead tag
In this example we are using an Integromat scenario, as we will be using Integromat to process this information and fill in Google Sheets document for our sales team.
We just build a super-simple Integromat scenario where we put in an Integromat incoming hook as a trigger. And then we add a google-sheets module that will add a new row to a Google Sheets document of our choosing.
Next, we can create a new webhook to send the good news to this trigger
1) We create a new external webhook in Emercury(?) that triggers on the "Tag Added" event
2) Under URL we make sure to place the URL that Integromat provided to us
From now on, anytime someone clicks on the link in that pre-sales email, all of their information will appear in the "New Sales Lead" worksheet that we maintain for our sales team. Pretty cool right?
If you have built Integromat scenarios before to process information, the above overview is probably sufficient for you. But if you haven't, here are some more specific details on how to set-up the scenario.
0) Set up the basic scenario
Create a new integromat scenario, and place an "incoming webhooks" module as the trigger, and then link it to google sheets "add row" module
Copy the URL from that Integromat incoming webhook
Create a new external webhook in Emercury(?) that triggers on the "Tag Added" event. Paste in the URL from Integromat
1) Inside of your Integromat scenario you will want to click on the "run this module only" option for the webhook trigger that starts the scenario
This puts the incoming hook into "listen" mode
2) Open a fake or test contact in your Emercury account and manually add the "sales-lead" tag to this person
3) This should cause something like this to appear in Integromat
Note: What appears here will depend on the custom fields you have defined in your Emercury account and what values you have for this subscriber.
4) Because we are building a scenario that only sends sales-leads to the sheet, we will put a filter in between the trigger and the google sheets module like so
Note: You trigger the filter set-up window by clicking on the wrench icon in-between the two modules of your scenario.
5) Then, in the Google Sheets module we map the information as necessary for our sales team
First we choose the appropriate Google Worksheet like so
Then we map the information we want to appear for our sales team, like so